Pros and Cons
- Strong, bouncy turret armor
- Well-sloped hull armor
- Top gun is a copy of the IS-7's, possibly even better, despite being a tier lower
- Has the most alpha out of all tier 9 heavies, along with the E-75
- Decent accuracy, aim time, and penetration
- Very high top speed for a heavy
- Excellent mobility
- Low profile, nearly the same as the IS-8, as well as having a very similar appearance.
- Spaced, sloped side armor
- Poor gun depression
- The second turret has weaker all-around armor than the first
- Large, weak lower glacis plate
- Somewhat slow reload
- Slow acceleration
- VERY frequent ammo rack damage and crew loss, as often as 2-3 times per battle
This tank plays very much like an IS-8, but it trades more alpha damage in exchange for slightly worse accuracy, penetration, and rate of fire, though significantly better aim time.
When playing the WZ-111 model 1-4, you should be very careful of being near ridges, as the gun depression is quite horrible. Combined with the long length of the vehicle, you will be at a significant disadvantage in hilly terrain or on downwards slopes. You should try to look for ways to make your tank travel on as flat ground as possible, as to ensure you won't be fired at by enemy tanks while being unable to return fire. With only 5 degrees of gun depression, you might be limited by some maps. However, thanks to the moderate accuracy and decent penetration, sniping should not be too difficult with this tank.
Another thing to be careful of is making sure the enemy does not fire into your lower frontal plate, which will not withstand hits from same-tier tanks. The turret front and upper frontal plate are both well armored and will bounce shots with moderate frequency. Another thing to note about its armor is that it has spaced, sloped side armor. Though not as bouncy, thick, or big as that of the IS-3's, it can still soak up a shell with some luck.
Care should be taken as to always make sure your pike nose is pointing at the enemy, as angling will expose your weak sides, as well as making one side of the pike much weaker than when pointing forwards. Angling will, however, make one corner of the pike much stronger, though this should not be done unless you have some form of cover to make sure your weaker pike won't be damaged easily.
Last to mention is this tank's mobility, which is really excellent. With a top speed of 50 km/h, you can quickly gain A LOT of speed and get into position very fast, especially when going down a slope. While the top speed is outstanding for this tank, the acceleration and track traverse speed leave something to be desired, and the 1-4 requires a fair bit of time to reach its top speed, and will lose a lot of it when climbing hills.
- You should already have the engine, 100mm 62-100T, and top radio from the 110, equip them right away
- First research the turret, as it gives you more health and does not have a weak spot like the IS-3 turret
- Then research the suspension, which will increase the load limit so you can mount the top gun as well as give you better mobility
- Next research the 130mm 59-130T, which gives a significant boost in penetration and alpha damage
- Finally you can research the last engine which adds 20 horsepowers