Pros and Cons
- Fast and agile
- Low profile
- The top gun aims very quickly
- The armor can bounce some shots, especially from lower tiers.
- Cheap ammunition for both guns.
- Low alpha, but this is made up by high RoF somewhat but unfortunately, the other tier 7 Soviet TD's edge this tank out in DPM
- Low penetration, especially over long distances
- The armor will not stand up to high penetration guns
- Fairly bad gun depression of only four degrees
The SU-100M1 plays like a turret-less T-44 in many, many ways and is quick and agile enough to wolf-pack with mediums. Its gun has fairly weak penetration for a Tier 7 Tank Destroyer, but the tank is maneuverable enough to flank and has great accuracy and aim time to hit the opponent's weak points. The gun does not disperse much even while moving, so it can take some shots on the move. The armor can bounce some shots, primarily from opponents below your tier, but with luck you can occasionally bounce even Tier 8 shots. As an aside, this tanks excellent maneuverability makes it more resistant to getting pinned by mediums than your average Tank Destroyer, so it is a little bit more safe to play aggressively.
- The V-2-34M Engine and 9RM Radio carry over from the SU-100. DO NOT mount the radio, as the extra 20kg of weight will prevent you from upgrading the gun.
- Research the 100 mm LB-1C Gun and the V-54K Engine in whichever order you wish.
- Finally, research the SU-100M1B Suspension. Only now should you mount the upgraded radio.