Pros and Cons
- Good mobility and high top speed
- Very good frontal armor, roughly comparable to that of the IS-7
- Fast reload time with high alpha damage and great damage per minute -- even more so than the IS-4
- Researching this tank unlocks the top gun for the WZ-120 on the medium line for free
- Good on-the-move accuracy
- Lowest profile out of all tier 10 heavies
- Very poor gun depression
- Long overview profile; takes full damage from artillery shots
- Driver is easily killed from the front
- Very weak lower frontal plate
- Weak side armor
- Subpar aim time
The 113 is a strange combo, featuring a low profile and very poor gun depression on a heavy tank, yet very high top speed for a heavy and very tough frontal armor. Because of this, it gets some of the best features from both medium and heavy tanks, turning it into a heavy medium of sorts. However, as the gun depression is very poor, making this tank work is a real challenge on some maps.
The 113 significantly different from its predecessors, mainly in that it plays more like a very beefy medium tank. Though while not being the best at either, it is both a good flanker as well as a frontline brawler, as long as one can find cover for the lower frontal plate, the upper plate will score tons of bounces and is a real threat when combined with its overall decent gun gun. The 113 is highly susceptible to artillery and the very poor gun depression can be difficult to adapt to. The 113 is fast enough to keep up with friendly medium wolfpacks, has a powerful gun, and is maneuverable enough to circle some slow enemy tanks. However, one of the most unique things about this tank is, it is a mere 2 degrees from auto-bouncing any AP round off its upper frontal plate. It can also be used in side-scraping, as long as your sides don't become too exposed.
The 113 may be unwelcoming and different to players who were used to the previous tanks in the line. It needs to be played significantly differently from its predecessors. However, if used correctly, the 113 can be an invaluable part of any team, be it in dishing out heavy damage or filling in for the crucial tasks of a medium, or even act as a replacement for a damage sponge.
Last to mention, because the 113 is so very rarely seen in random battles, often you'll have the upper hand on the enemy simply because they don't know how to deal with you.