Pros and Cons
- Very bouncy front hull and upgraded turret
- Strong pike nose armor has good ramming quality against medium or light tanks
- Good top speed for a heavy
- Above average accuracy, penetration, damage, and rate of fire
- Does not have a turret top weak spot like the IS-3
- Above average health points
- Good mobility
- View port blocks potential weak spot
- Front pre-angled hull becomes very weak if you angle it
- Weak side armor; does not have spaced side armor like the IS-3
- Very brittle fuel tanks that easily catch fire
- Poor gun depression
- Somewhat slow acceleration
- Somewhat tall and long profile
- Commander hatches are an obvious turret weak spot
The 110 excels as both a front-line brawler that will bounce many enemy shells and as a flanker. The top gun's high rate of fire dishes out generous amounts of damage to its victims. Though the 110 is potential devastating while hull-down, a proper position may be difficult to achieve due to its low gun depression. The 110 is stiff competition for other Tier VIII tanks that would normally dominate the battlefield. The 110 also fares pretty well in a Tier IX/X battle due to its powerful gun and potential for flanking maneuvers; however, as with any other tank, care must be taken.
The 110 is definitely a keeper amongst fans of the soviet IS line. Some players might be frightened by the gun's seeming lack of damage. However, compared to the BL-9 on the IS-3, this tank is a definite improvement - the top gun has relatively good accuracy, better aim time, great rate of fire, decent damage and an additional 10mm of frontal armor to the 110. However, the BL-9 on the IS-3 does have an additional 10mm penetration, which might or might not be meaningful to the player. Otherwise, the tanks play very similarly.
While lacking side armor, the 110 has better sloped frontal armor as well as better turret armor. Unlike the IS-3, however, it does not have spaced side armor, and the all-around turret armor is worse.
- The engine, radio, and 122mm D-25T should already be researched from the IS-2 and should be equipped
- The suspension should be your first goal as it is required to mount the turret
- Next research the turret, which gives the 110 significantly improved armor and more health, as well as 30 meters additional view range
- Finally get the 100mm gun, which gives a much needed boost in accuracy, aim time, and penetration, at the cost of some alpha damage